Homey Bridge is latest smart hub in the Homey family. It features Zigbee, Z-Wave Plus, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 433MHz and infrared, and it uses the loved Homey app for control and automation.
- Homey App Store for Homey Bridge is more controlled
- Homey Bridge runs its logic and intelligence in the cloud
- For advanced users, a €2,99/month subscription is needed
Homey Bridge is latest smart hub in the Homey family, that uses the loved Homey app for control and automation. The design, which is completely different from Homey Pro. Homey Bridge is now glossy black, combined with aluminium. Of course, the signature RGD LEDring is still present, but we've made it more subtle.
What makes Homey Bridge a real game-changer though, is its price: €69! That's right, that's less than one-fifth of Homey Pro.
When purchasing Homey Bridge, you'll also receive three months of Homey Premium for free.
Homey Bridge supports these technologies:
- Z-Wave Plus
The user experience for Homey Bridge and Pro are mostly similar - Most devices are supported by both products, and they share the same Homey app for control and automation. There are a couple of differences, which are good to know. Because of these differences, we continue to offer Homey Pro, so consumers can choose.
Homey App Store for Homey Bridge is more controlled - Apps will be of higher quality, but some of apps for Homey Pro can not be supported in Homey Bridge yet. There's still tens of thousands of products supported, though!
Homey Bridge runs its logic and intelligence in the cloud - The main reason we could make Homey Bridge that much cheaper is because we moved the processing power of Homey, which is a LOT, to the cloud. This means Homey Bridge depends on a working internet connection to operate, just like smart thermostats, voice assistants and Chromecasts do. NOTE: This does NOT mean there are any compromises made on privacy. Personal data of users is still off-limits, and we don't use any personal data for reselling, profiling or other shady causes.
For advanced users, a €2,99/month subscription is needed - Homey Bridge offers most functionality of Homey and up to five connected devices without any additional costs. To access Homey Insights, Homey Logic&Variables or to add 6 or more devices to Homey, the owner needs to upgrade to Homey Premium at €2,99/month. That's for the entire household, and offers everything from Homey - there's no additional tiers.
For people that want a better smart home, but are not smart home geeks, experts or professionals. Homey Bridge is a very low-entry device, but retains Homey's unique versatility and power.
For prosumers and people that are fully anti-subscription, Homey Pro always remains a solid option.
About the new Homey service
- The new Homey, our online smart home service, is just released as public beta, and you can sign up for the waiting list today for free to get access as one of the first in the world.
- Homey leverages the years of experience of the team from Homey Pro and uses the same Homey app.
- Where Homey Pro is EU-only, the new service and Homey Bridge are available worldwide!
- When adding more than 5 devices to Homey, a Homey Premium subscription of $2.99/month is needed. This is one subscription for the whole home, and how we can run a sustainable business while maintaining privacy.
- EAN 8717953223487
- SKU HOMEY-BRIDGE-EU-01
- Subscription (optional): No subscription needed for up to 5 devices
- Subscription (optional): Homey Premium: €/$ 2.99 per month - Connect unlimited number of devices, Homey Bridge includes three months of Homey Premium
- Communication technologies: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, Zigbee, Z-Wave (Plus, S2), Infrared, 433 MHz RF (KlikAanKlikUit, Nexa, Telldus, Somfy RTS…)
- Voice assistant compatibility: Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Siri Shortcuts
- Personal data processing Diagnostics only: no profiling or other privacy-invading uses.
- Included in the box Homey Bridge: USB Power Adapter, USB Power Cable, Quick Start Guide
- Dimensions Packaging: 150 x 150 x 80 mm, Device: 128 ⌀ x 35 mm
- Weight: 546g (Inc. Package)
- HS Code: 8517629900
- Control options Smartphone: iOS, Android
- Control options Tablet: iOS, Android
- Control options PC / Mac / Linux: Universal Web app
- Control options Other: Apple Watch, iOS + Android widgets, voice
assistants (see above)
- Manufacturer's warranty: 2 Years